Adding favicon for your application
- Create a PNG image – with dimensions 256×256 pixels. You can use Photoshop or any other editing software.
- Go to https://realfavicongenerator.net/ and generate an .ico file. Alternatively, use a tool of your preference and generate .ico files both 32×32 and 16×16 pixels.
- Download the .zip archive generated to your local machine.
- Upload the files from the archive into your
Application Static Filesfolder (inside a
- Add the following to your
User Inteface section,
User Interface Attributes>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="#APP_IMAGES#favicon/favicon.ico"> <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="#APP_IMAGES#favicon/apple-touch-icon.png"> <link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="#APP_IMAGES#favicon/favicon-32x32.png"> <link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="#APP_IMAGES#favicon/favicon-16x16.png"> <link rel="mask-icon" href="#APP_IMAGES#favicon/safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#5bbad5"> <meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#da532c"> <meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">
*Note that the filenames should match the ones you have uploaded into Application Static Files earlier.
Adding custom application icon in APEX Builder
- Upload your original PNG image (256×256) into the root of your
Static Application Files. In my case –
- Go to
Edit Application Properties. Locate
Icon File Nameand replace the default value with
If you followed the steps, you will already have a bonus icon for your device – being Android or iPhone. To get it on your Home screen, do the following:
- Open your APEX application in
Safaribrowser of your iPhone
- Tap on the
- Scroll down and tap on
Add to Home Screenbutton
- Tap on ‘Add’ button
- Enjoy your new Home Screen shortcut